- Prior experience as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems, with a consistent track record of on-time delivery of cross-functional projects
- Experience leading a high-performing engineering team including coaching and mentoring developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience with full-stack application development; experience in React and Ruby highly desirable but not required.
- The ability to guide a team to achieve goals together
- An understanding of the value derived from releasing code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
What you need to be successful
- Passionate about solving interesting and complex problems through ideation and using data (the right data!) to make informed decisions.
- Collaborative and a phenomenal communicator when working with cross-functional teams. You’ll have the opportunity to work with Operations, Product and UX teams.
- Interested in finding nuggets of information in trends and behavior analysis. At Harmonic, our Engineering Managers understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. We take pride in what we do - delivering meaningful technical solutions at scale - to better serve our mission of helping people build financial resilience.
What it’s like to work with us
From a process standpoint, we’re constantly evolving, but here’s a few themes that don’t change:
We give our engineers problems to solve rather than solutions to implement.
We build small features to learn and iterate from. We’re comfortable admitting defeats and throwing away features that don’t make our users’ lives easier. We prefer continuous integration over scheduled releases, so we look for developers able to look at large complex problems and break them down into small pieces of deployable functionality.
We want our engineering team to work in lock-step with the other key areas of our business to build a product our customers love. We want to share our successes and learnings with each other as we continue to grow.
Harmonic is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your linkedin profile and/or resume
- Include a note on what makes you a great fit